- This event has passed.
Grids Mapping Contest 2022
February 25 @ 8:00 am - March 25 @ 5:00 pm
About the Contest
In celebration of our 6th Anniversary, we are calling all GIS practitioners & students in the Philippines to join our first mapping contest!
We believe that our map makers in the country are creative in portraying different stories and information through open mapping. Our mapping contest aims to showcase those talents. So show us what you got and join us in this activity!
For this competition, our theme is Resilient Philippines.
The challenge is to create a map showing how GIS has been used in scenarios like pandemic, disaster, etc. The maps could show pandemic response, disaster preparation, emergency management, recovery efforts, etc.
The maps can have different forms, styles, and subjects. You can choose the information you want to share or story you want to portray.
Eligibility and Rules
- Open to all Filipino map makers who are at least 18 years old.
- Only ONE (1) entry can be submitted.
- No participation fee is required.
- Entries may be submitted by individuals or as a group.
- The entry should be an ORIGINAL WORK.
- The entry should be a STATIC MAP (digital map) and not an interactive one.
- The entry must not have previously won and not have been submitted to any related contest.
- There must be an effective use of symbology, labels, and colors.
- The map must have legible fonts, text size, and labels.
- The map must be unique in the presentation of its subject matter.
- The map entry must be well-balanced; with a logical arrangement of elements.
- The entries that will pass the first screening will only be included in the online voting.
- Minimum resolution is 300 dpi
- JPEG or PNG format
- File size should not exceed 20MB
- Answer the form provided in the post description.
- Upload your entries in the google drive link also provided in the form to be filled out.
Opening of submissions
Deadline of submissions
Start of Online Voting (Public Choice)
End of Online Voting
Announcement of winners
February 25, 2022
March 13, 2022, 11:59 pm
March 14, 2022
March 18, 2022, 11:59 pm
March 21, 2022
Criteria for Judging
The entries will be judged according to the following criteria: